Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Project 1, Part 2: Square

I just wanna say, squares are so freshing after all those dots :)


Sooo after getting to class and working on these thumbnail sketches, I decided some of my solutions needed improvement and that I just needed more of them also, here's the improved page:





The workspace, gotta have some snacks around :)



Here are my final 8 skethches:
Periodical, Playful
 

and....my final 2!
Periodical, Playful

I chose this peridoical one becuase the first thing i see when i look at this is sturcture and seriousness (thats kind of how i  remember the difference between these two terms, ones serious, and ones not to serious). I dont really see any of the earlier terms present here, although im sure that some people could argue simliarity or whatever else they see.
I chose this playful one because to me it looks like its raining squares and it reminds me of a game called "Avanlanche" where you have to watch out for the falling squares and climb up them. It looks like alot of fun to me. Again i think that theyre arnt really any of the earlier terms present but some could argue that there are.

The Ctitic!
Again my group criticized my work today, they said that the message i was trying to get across was clear. The periodical design has continuance, similarity, closure, and its symmetrical. The playful design goes all over the square, and it has proximity and its asmmystircal. Neither one of the designs were strickly in the middle, there was a good use of negative and positive space, both designs are true to the term playful and periodical. From the dots to the squares, my craft improved and..
 PLAYFUL WINS:)
thats the one ill be makking like3D

No comments:

Post a Comment